Friday, December 17, 2010

Reflections on the Semester's Readings



At the end of the semester, I would like to reflect on what I have learned through readings assigned for this course. My favorite text is beyond a doubt Alexie’s True Diary. I loved this book. I wouldn’t recommend it to the young adolescents it is intended for; I think it is more appropriate for adults. As an adult, I found it hilarious. I loved the comics. I’ve never seen a text blend in aside pictures more efficiently. They flowed smoothly and added so much depth to the text.

My least favorite novel is the one I trudged through reading- Shadow Tag. While some of my peers flew through it, I had to make myself read it. I think the content just didn’t agree with me. I didn’t really like the content of Precious, or some of the other novels either, but in those the characters were the victims of behaviors. Irene in Shadow Tag just got on my nerves. She was cold, manipulative, and just plain mean. I think some would refer to her as a bitch.

So what was your favorite read? What was your least?

No comments:

Post a Comment